Life has been very hectic lately - here are a few interesting things that have been lingering in my feed reader -
- Greenwood DC. Reliability of journal impact factor rankings. BMC Medical Research Methodology 2007, 7:48.
- PLoS Medicine blog: EQUATOR: a new site for reporting guidelines - cumulation of recommendations/standards for reporting the methods and results of clinical research.
- PLoS Publishing blog: Bringing peer review out of the shadows
- PLoS Medicine: The Strengthening the Reporting of Observational Studies in Epidemiology (STROBE) Statement: Guidelines for Reporting Observational Studies
- Institute of Medicine project: Conflict of interest in medical research, education, and practice
and finally, since it's Friday, Pinky and the Brain's musical tribute to neuroanatomy